[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Visit our web site
We design and manufacture high quality
precision electronic components for our
customers as well as providing all
necessary tooling and equipment
necessary for press fit assembly within
From design to production of connectors
and specialized press-fit equipment, our
philosophy of personalized service reflects
our commitment and innovative approach
to satisfy our customers' needs. Other
services provided to our customers
include on-line analysis, just in time
delivery and expert technical telephone
Our PC/104 Products
New PC/104 Plus press-fit connectors
Known from the desktop world, the PC/104 Plus connector has been added to the PC/104 spec by the PC/104 auditors. Recently, ept has developed an electromechanical
connection with the PC/104 Plus connector system in press-fit technology. This connector system presents the J3 connector in accordance with the PC/104 Plus spec in a 2mm
ept offers female 4x30 contact connectors, shrouds 4x30 contact and pin headers 2x30 contact as a standard for convenient stacking of Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs).
In order to meet the requirements of PC/104 Plus with pin headers, two headers are pressed-in parallely (see sketch). This offers the use of pin headers as termination of a
ept PC/104 Plus press-fit connectors offer a large number of advantages:
- Male and Female connectors can be pressed in with the same ept press-fit tool in one single step, thus offering a time-saving production.
- Female connectors can be mounted cost-effectively due to flat rock technology.
- No costly manual soldering
- No solder bridges due to solder-free press-fit connection.
- Reduced inspection process
- Shroud makes stand-offs unnecessary
- Secure assembly of shroud and board by over pressing on the connector tails.
Press-Fit PC/104 Connectors
now offers the VarPol-PC/ 104 female connector in FlatRock pressfit design. This connector
was developed for the stacking of PCBs (Piggyback, Sandwich) and is particularly well
suited for use in PC/104 modules. These connectors are available in the J1 and J2
variation with 2x32 and 2x20 pins. They can be
obtained with short or long pins according to the PC/104 standard.
Advantages of the PC/104 VarPol connector with pressfit pins are the
- Both female connectors can be pressed in with ept tooling in a one step process. This saves time in the
- The expenses for the difficult hand soldering process are
- No rework on long pins which can occur with the solder process
due to solder bridging.
- Reduced testing requirements.
- Reduced insertion and extraction forces resulting in less
possibility of pin misalignement.
During the pressfit insertion of the PC/104 connector with
long pins, a plastic guide is inserted onto the pins, offering the following advantages:
- No bending or misalignement of the long pins.
- This performs the function of the connector offset so that a
seperation of 0,6" is obtained during the assembly of the modules.
- Serves as a supported guide during the pressing in of the
connector and helps prevent damage to circuit traces.
ept also supplies various other connectors which can be used
in PC/104 applications.
A few examples:
- DIN 41612 connectors in solder and
- IC- and PGA-sockets in flat rock pressfit technology.
- IC machined sockets in flat rock pressfit versions.
- Pressfit pins with long pins on top and bottom (support
element for PC/104 female contact).
See our web site for the details!
PC/104 Press-Fit Connector Tooling
See our web site for the details!
We Also Offer
- DIN 41612 Solder Technology
- DIN 41612 Press-fit Technology
- 2mm hardmetric acc. IEC 61076-4-101
- Connectors for Compact PCI Bussystems