PC/104 Bus News
Return to News
March 12, 2002 8:00 a.m. MT
From parvus Corporation
parvus Showcases New Embedded PC Computer Boards at the ESC
Contact Name: Mike Southworth, Corporate Communications
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
parvus Unveils Six New PC/104 Form Factor Boards for Power Conversion, Global Positioning, Web I/O Control, Compact Flash, Wireless Modem, and PCMCIA Applications
EMBEDDED SYSTEMS CONFERENCE, San Francisco (BOOTH #1144) - March 12, 2002 - parvus Corporation of Salt Lake City, Utah will unveil six new PC/104 form factor computer boards at the Embedded Systems Conference, held March 13-15.
Designed for rugged, embedded computing applications (such as data acquisition, factory automation, networked communications, and robotic control), the new parvus boards offer original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) wide-ranging embedded functionality together with the size, durability, expandability, and low power consumption requirements of the PC/104 form factor. New products include the following:
* Power Distribution Vx - A maximum-efficiency 90-watt DC-to-DC power conversion board, designed with intelligent power management features for systems requiring high reliability, zero down-time, and large, multiple voltage input stacks. Features include 90 percent operating efficiency, a wide input voltage range (9-60 volts), local temperature and internal voltage monitoring, +5 VDC output (18 Amp), etc.
* ipLINK Web Appliance Core - A low-cost I/O server capable of remote monitoring, maintaining and controlling Internet-enabled electronic devices (security systems, factory equipment, home appliances, networks, etc.). Features include a PC/104 Bus, 8-bit Rabbit 2000(tm) microprocessor, 4 serial ports, 21 digital I/O points, Ethernet interface, TCP/IP development tools and more.
* GPS Interface - A carrier board for a Global Positioning System (GPS) receiver, i.e. Trimble ACE/ Lassen or Motorola Oncore, for use in such applications as vehicle navigation, security, or location systems. Features include a 16-bit PC/104 bus, dual power connectors, two serial ports, and more.
* PCMCIA Dual Interface - A two-slot PCMCIA connector and controller board that gives PC/104-based systems PCMCIA card functionality, i.e. fax/modem, networking (LAN, Ethernet, wireless), flash memory, video capture, GPS, gaming adapter, SCSI adapter, parallel adapter, serial adapter, ISDN, 1553, etc. Features include an Intel( PD6722 embedded controller chip, 82365SLL compatibility, dual PCMCIA sockets and more.
* CDMA Carrier - A cellular modem carrier module for wide-spectrum (CDMA) communications applications with fixed, mobile or wireless devices. It supports standard cell phone features and includes dual serial control and data interfaces, Xilinx( programming logic chip, low power consumption, CDMA jack, and rugged environmental specs.
* Compact Flash & IDE Adapter - Both a carrier for a Compact Flash disk drive and a supplemental controller for two IDE devices (i.e. hard disk or CD-ROM drives). It has an onboard Compact Flash socket, which can be jumpered for Master or Slave settings. A 2.5" hard drive can be connected via its standard 44-pin 2mm connector.
Formed in 1983, parvus Corporation is an ISO-9001 certified designer, manufacturer, and systems integrator of commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) PC/104 products for embedded control environments. Its rugged, compact circuit boards and chassis systems offer feature-rich, low-cost design solutions for military and commercial applications. For more information, visit www.parvus.com or call 801-483-1533.
NOTE FOR EDITORS
Product datasheets, downloadable artwork, and pricing information can be accessed at http://www.news.parvus.com.
# # #