PC/104 Bus News
Return to News
May 20, 2002 8:00 a.m. MT
From parvus Corporation
First 10/100 Ethernet Switching Hub for PC/104 Systems by parvus
Contact Name: Mike Southworth, Corporate Communications
Contact Email: email@example.com
SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH - MAY 20, 2002 - parvus Corporation today announced the unveiling of its 10/100 Ethernet Switching Hub - the first Fast Ethernet switching hub available for embedded PC/104 applications.
The embedded board allows up to five devices using 10BaseT or 100BaseTX Ethernet interfaces to communicate over a network or the Internet, while achieving outstanding performance, integration, and power management from its PC/104 form factor. Two Ethernet connector options are available for the board - with local RJ-45 jacks (Board #: PRV-1059X-01) or Molex 4-pin panel mount connectors (Board # PRV-1059X-02).
Enabling full-bandwidth 10/100 Mbps switched access, this Fast Ethernet Hub offers five 10/100 transceivers and independent Fast Ethernet media access controllers, a high-speed non-blocking switch fabric and address look-up engine, and a 1 Mbit embedded frame buffer memory. Its shared memory-based switch fabric provides non-blocking switching performance for all data traffic environments, including back-pressure and pause frame flow control schemes. Pricing for 100+ units is $134 each.
FEATURES & SPECIFICATIONS
* 5 Auto-configurable ports (straight/twist)
* Auto-negotiation and speed auto-sensing
* Back pressure-based flow control of half duplex ports
* IEEE 802.3 and 802.3u compliance
* Highly integrated DSP-based 10/100 switch
* LED activity indicators
* Look-up engine supports as many as 4,096 MAC address entries
* Pause frame-based switch fabric delivers true non-blocking switching
* Data Transfer Rates: 10 or 100 Mbps
* All ports can work at full/half duplex RJ-45 or Molex 4-pin connectors
* Simple networking installation through auto-MDI/MDIX
* Store-and-forward switching mode
* Operating Temperature (0º to 70ºC)
* Storage Temperature (-40º to 85ºC)
* Dimensions: 3.550" x 3.775"
* 16-bit PC/104 (ISA bus)
The Ethernet Switching Hub can expand a 10BaseT or 100BaseTX system beyond two nodes or increase local area network (LAN) distances beyond the 100-meter limit of the IEEE 802.3 specification. Potential applications include machine monitoring, process control, test and measurement, environmental control, remote data acquisition, and communications gateways in avionics/aerospace, defense, factory automation, medical, telecom and transportation fields.
parvus also plans to unveil a PC/104-based 10/100 Ethernet Network Interface Card (NIC) during Q3 2002 to add to its suite of embedded Ethernet products.
Formed in 1983, parvus Corporation is an ISO-9001 certified designer, manufacturer, and systems integrator of commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) PC/104 products for embedded control environments. Its rugged, compact circuit boards and enclosure systems offer feature-rich, low-cost design solutions for military and commercial applications. For more information, visit www.parvus.com or call 801-483-1533.
# # #